Half a year



Andy and I have been making this parenting thing up as we go.

Sure, we read a few books, a lot of internet “stuff,” and talked to parent friends for advice. But, for the most part, it’s been about instinct. So I’m feeling pretty good about the fact that a person I grew inside my body for 38 weeks has survived and thrived outside in the world for 6 months despite all of our first-time-parent uncertainty.



I know it’s cliché to think your child is the best thing ever but Parker is an outstanding little person and she’s been an incredibly easy baby. She only cries when she’s hungry or overly tired. She’s been sleeping through the night since she was 2.5 months old. And when she wakes up in the morning, she’s smiling and often giggling. She’s relaxed enough that she can play quietly by herself for about 20 minutes at a time. She doesn’t seem to mind taking baths or getting dressed or having her hair combed. Even vaccinations, which are tear filled, have been pretty easy.

I’m sure that as she gets older a lot of this stuff will change but I’m excited for that too. I’m still in awe of her developmental progress too. Something as simple as her being able to grasp something out of my hand is mind blowing.

Andy and I finally got some time away from work and we took a 3-week family vacation to Atlanta (to visit family) and Puerto Rico (to relax). Somewhere between landing in Boston and arriving home via taxi, my wallet and iPhone disappeared. Not the end of vacation that I planned. The videos are gone but, thankfully, most of the photos I took with my phone were recovered.



Parker really isn’t much of a beach baby. She didn’t seem to enjoy the sun, the sand or the water. Of course that didn’t stop us from putting her in the ocean or on the beach. But those activities were short lived.



We found a great beachfront park and Parker experienced her first time in a swing. She didn’t hate it.



The Biscuit celebrated her 6-month milestone hanging out on the rooftop terrace of our hotel in San Juan. The super nice bartender was very taken with her and gave her a cute headband for her “birthday.”

Oh, and she’s got a new trick: sitting.

Comments

Popular Posts