4 months



This has been a crazy busy time for us.

We’ve been attempting to get Parker into some kind of routine, which is different from a “schedule.” Some days it works, some days it doesn’t but her day follows a predictable pattern. She’s an easy baby so we don’t have to deal with much fussiness as we work through some trial and error. She cries when she’s hungry and when she’s tired. She’s been sleeping through the night since about 2.5 months so we’re all good there.

At her 4-month checkup, she weighed in at 15 pounds (double her birth weight) and she’s 26 inches long (96th percentile). My formally skinny baby is now a proper chubster. Andy jokes that she’s more Porker than Parker.



We moved out of our tight financial district condo and into a huge house in Charlestown. The Biscuit gets her own room (yay!) and we can spread out a little but I can’t get over how suburban this feels. We’re only 2 miles from where we were downtown but it could be 20 miles. It’s all big trees and quiet streets and stay-at-home moms pushing strollers to the parks to talk about mom stuff. I’m happy for the extra space but I’m not loving the new location.

We haven’t had a car for three years but I’m starting to think we might need one. Nothing is as convenient or easy to walk to as it was before we moved. There aren’t even any Bank of America branches here so we have to go “into the city” for that. The movie “The Town” was filmed in our new neighborhood, which is allegedly America’s bank robbery capital. Sweet!

In better news – and a bit of own-horn-tooting – I’m back to my pre-pregnancy weight and wearing my skinny jeans again. Except for my boobs being more function than fun, it feels fantastic to have my body back. I went in for a post-baby follow-up with the cardiologist. My blood pressure is perfect and I’ve got a normal EKG. It seems all of my heart issues were pregnancy related. Whooo!

Comments

Popular Posts